Wednesday, June 1, 2016

We Are Pressing!


Can I be honest for a moment? I'm thinking the answer is yes, so I'm going to go ahead and confess something. I need PRESS just as much as you. There... my secret is out. I may be leading this effort, but I am truly your sister in the trenches. I am gaining and growing in God on a daily basis. Those new mercies He gives us every morning (Lam. 3:23), I need them. I mean I NEED them because just like you, I'm a sinner saved by grace. I'm working out my salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:13) on a daily basis...make that hourly, or maybe even minute by minute. Can I get an amen?

Now that my secret is out. I can relax and do what I was called to do...Pray with my sisters. Find Renewal with my sisters. Examine my heart and my ways with my sisters. Study God's Word with my sisters. And finally I can Stand with my sisters. God is going to inspire, direct, order, and bless my life and the lives of those in my circle and the lives of the women completing this prayer challenge.

My instructions are simple. Take the time to pray. Use the template I provided. It is your guide to press in deeper with God during this month. It's not a long process. It really isn't. Today may take a few minutes longer than the other days, but that's just because you're getting used to the format. Don't skip any of the parts. Write a few words about how you Praise Him. Then take the time to Repent of your Sins. You are forgiven. Write them down and cast them into the sea of forgetfulness. Next is the easy part. You are thankful to God. I know you are, so take the time to think of at least three things you're grateful for. Next, your prayer request. Okay, so there aren't enough space for all that you need. I know it's true. Put the most pressing items on your list for today. Tomorrow there are more lines for more needs. Repeat the ones that are heaviest on your heart. Make your petitions known to Him in any way that you feel comfortable. These are your prayers and praying is simply talking to God.
Now comes the hard part. Listening. I confess, the first time I did this, I struggled. And I can't tell you how to listen to God, but I can tell you that if you figure it out, He will speak to you. I sat quietly, cleared my mind (that was a struggle) and then waited and waited. In the beginning I didn't feel like I heard anything, but by the second or third day, I felt the urge to take notes. God was speaking. I was listening. My prayer life was changed with this one final step.

Make sure to join us in the Facebook Group today where I'll share prayers and scriptures.

Please listen to my welcome podcast below.

     
If your browser is not enabled for you to see the podcast icon, click HERE to be taken to a page where you may download it and listen. Be blessed!





5 comments:

  1. I'm excited to join PRESS! It's just what I need and I can't wait to see how God is going to move...and how I will respond. Rhonda, thanks for your obedience to what he spoke to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like to say Thank you for being obedient to what God placed on your heart. I was so moved when I say your plan, and I felt like God listened to me when I asked him for an avenue to move closer to him with some "accountability" I have allowed myself to become so consumed with "life", I don't give my relationship with him the time it deserves. PRESS is the first step in my journey to prioritizing God first and Mommy, wife, business owner, etc.second. I have lost my way, but thankfully he never lets me go. Today I am grateful for you Rhonda McKnight. God is using you to help me and I am overjoyed and looking forward to this journey. My heart is full today, but instead of being full of life's issues, it's full of hopefulness and anticipation for what's going to come of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. I'm so glad you're joining us. I believe that God is going to change lives during this challenge. We just have to be faithful to the process. I'll be praying for you.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete